Software Engineer - Automation
Redwood City, CA
Voice Editor (Contract) - Maxis
Contract term: 3 months
Location: Redwood Shore, CA
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
The Maxis Studio of Electronic Arts is looking for a Voice Editor to join the Audio team and help us ship an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4.
• Edit, sync, and comp voice samples from recording sessions to compliment character animations.
• Trouble-shoot and fix bugs related to voice.
• Receive and apply feedback provided by other team members and Voice Director.
• Challenge conventional wisdom and create audio specifically designed for our unique brand.
• Help us improve audio process, tech, and tools for voice.
• Report to the Audio Development Director.
• 3 years of voice editing on game projects or similar audio editing experience.
• Experience delivering final quality audio; either from a brief or starting with placeholder sounds in software.
• Experience with all aspects of voice direction for game production, with proficiencies in voice direction of top professional actors and game implementation pipelines.
• Proficiency with standard audio tools (DAW, Editing, plugins) and studio tools (microphone, compressors).
• Voice editing experience with expertise in relevant software packages, such as Logic Audio, Sound Forge, and ProTools.
• Proficiency with both PC and Mac platforms, and comfort with custom tools.
• Experience with Game Production and Design.
• A committed ear for the user experience of Voice Performance in detail.
• You succeed in a lively environment and bring enthusiasm to those around you.
• You can shift quickly and flexibly from multiple projects and roles.
• Bonus Qualification: Max/Msp skills
• Bonus Qualification: Sound design capabilities.
• Bonus Qualification: A fan of Maxis titles and what we bring to players.
• Bonus Qualification: Music performance skills, vocals in particular.
Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.