We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our team have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audio-visual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge ahead
We're looking for a Content Technical Artist who can help overcome the challenges of creating amazing vehicles. We need your passion for asset creation to balance optimum workflows for artists and optimum performance in engine.
What does a Technical Artist do?
• Your skills and workflows will empower all teams to build smart and modular content. Your knowledge will be the guide for the vehicle artists on the team, to get the best out of the engine by creating great looking optimised assets and shaders, developing, and maintaining art pipelines and processes and improving and automating workflows.
• You will also help promote performance optimisation by defining standards and providing performance monitoring tools.
• You will report to the Technical Art Director and work with the Lead Vehicle Artist, Technical Directors and Art Directors to create implementation strategies. You will work with the vehicle art team to identify recurring workflow challenges and join forces with the wider technical art team to find viable solutions.
What were looking for
• Passion for helping; talent to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and the skill to communicate with different audiences (artists, designers, engineers).
• To have shipped at least one AAA racing game on consoles.
• Solid experience with what it takes to achieve high-quality vehicle visuals while following memory and performance targets.
• Experience profiling performance and memory within game engines.
• A passion for cutting edge vehicle visuals and for delivering quality (including industry trends and the wisdom to know when to use them) and a solid knowledge of current and next-gen vehicle art techniques
• Multiple shipped titles on modern game engines like Unreal Engine 4, Unity or a proprietary engine
• Proficiency with 3D/2D art packages like Maya and Photoshop (Substance Suite and Houdini are a bonus but not required)
• Experience with common scripting languages like Python (C++ and C# are a bonus, but not required)
• An interest in lighting, shaders and physically based rendering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq81oz-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.