UX Designer (Frostbite)
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a UX Designer, you will report to the Manager of Experience Design. You will be part of a distributed team that's responsible for empowering game creators to bring their ideas to life and unleash the power of the Frostbite game engine. You will do this by engaging with the Frostbite users to understand their needs and iteratively designing interfaces and interactions that are simple and user-friendly. You will also help make the Frostbite team and our development process more user-centric and data-driven.
• Build empathy for our users within Frostbite and inform how we can best improve our users' experience with usability testing, user interviews, competitor and industry analysis
• Work with distributed, cross-functional teams (product management, engineering, contents, documentation) to research and develop features that align with the product vision
• Iteratively design and test ideas quickly, and validate design decisions using qualitative and quantitative data
• Support the creation and management of a design system
• Help make Frostbite's development process more user-centric by creating appropriate processes and standards, participating in internal reviews, and coaching teammates
• UX portfolio highlighting three projects and your direct contributions
• Contributed to two or more shipped projects
• Intermediate-level proficiency with user research methodologies (usability testing, user interviews...)
• Intermediate-level proficiency in UI and UX design including the creation of wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, flow diagrams, prototypes, personas, and journey maps
• Proficiency in multiple design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Proto.io, and Framer)
• Experience creating UX artifacts (personas, user stories, wireframes, high fidelity visual design, journey maps) to communicate design ideas
• Experience presenting complex concepts using appropriate level of detail depending on the audience (Product Managers, partners, engineers, and researchers)
• Experience using design components and libraries
• Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or have equivalent professional experience
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.