Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honoured to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a UX Designer, you will report to the Senior Manager of Experience Design & Analytics. You will be part of a distributed team that's responsible for empowering our game creators to bring their ideas to life. You will do this by engaging with the Frostbite users to understand their needs and iteratively designing workflows that are simple and user-friendly. You will also help make the Frostbite team and our development process more user-centric and data-driven.
What you will do
• Work with distributed teams (product management, engineering, content, documentation) to research, design, build and validate features that align with the product vision
• Design and test ideas whilst validating design decisions using data
• Conduct research studies such as usability testing, user interviews and competitive analysis
• Drive product consistency by using and contributing to the Frostbite Design System
• Help make Frostbite's development process more user-centric by creating appropriate processes and standards, participating in internal reviews, and coaching teammates
What you will need
• You will have a portfolio that contains multiple case studies with your direct contributions, highlighting your outstanding visual and interaction design skills, and technical expertise
• Experience designing for complex, data-rich applications such as creative tools, game engines, productivity software
• Experience creating UX artifacts (personas, user stories, wireframes, high fidelity visual design, journey maps) to communicate design ideas
• Experience using user research methodologies such as usability testing, journey mapping, surveys and user interviews
• Expert in UI and UX design including the creation of icons, wireframes, concept sketches, high-fidelity mock-ups and functional prototypes
• Proficient in multiple design and prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, Protopie)
• Experience using style guides and design systems
• Experience presenting complex concepts using appropriate level of detail depending on the audience (Product Managers, team members, engineers, researchers)
• Experience working with varying levels of abstraction across business and product strategy
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29556-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.