Java Software Engineer
The Frostbite Engine group in EA Romania is looking for a UI Tools Software Engineer for the Frostbite team in Bucharest.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II. We focus on AI Systems, profiling tools, release systems and we just started to build the UI Systems team. The mission of the UI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse UI needs of game teams throughout the world.
Develop the tools, features, and pipelines necessary for game developers to build in-game UI content, including:
• Create the editors and tools that allow game teams UI designers to create in-game UI elements that use the full power of Frostbite's UI runtime stack
• Develop quality and efficient workflows to accelerate the game teams' productivity when designing in-game UI (layout creation, element creation, element animation, input processing)
• Develop new features and enhancements to Frostbite's editor framework, to be used across EA
• Become involved in development of runtime UI stack features
• Gather requirements from game team developers and write technical design specifications for implementing each new feature
• Build sample content, clear documentation, and training materials for game team UI developers
• Provide support to game team UI developers by addressing any bugs or issues and coordinating cooperative development of essential features
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• Object-oriented programming experience and good understanding of OO design principles
• Fluency in the C# programming language
• Windows Presentation Foundation and XAML-based UI design experience
• C++ programming skills are a big plus
• Experience the UI domain and in tool development (not strictly web development)
• Exposure to developing tools technology for AAA titles for the latest Microsoft or Sony consoles
• Build features, put together technical proposals and software estimates, and bring features to completion
• Resolve issues in familiar and unfamiliar code
• Knowledge of agile/scrum processes
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What's in it for you?
• Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
• Make friends among smart and fun people
• Learn a massive amount of knowledge, skills and professional software development practices
• Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
• Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
• Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
• Establish personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
• Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to work with game and engine teams
• Comprehensive health and benefit packages
• Of course, free video games.
And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.