Criterion Games is an award-winning studio based in Guildford we are looking for a Technical UI Artist to join us on our adventure.
For more than twenty years, Criterion Games has entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audio-visual quality, and technical innovation across many beloved franchises including Burnout, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the sixth year in a row, we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
We are looking for a UI Technical Artist who's focus will be to implement the player's User Interface within the game. Reporting to the Art Director, you will ensure it is implemented within the game's visual scripting and layout engine, following engineering principles. Working with other UI TA's, Designers, Artists, Engineers and a Producer, you will help build seamless and immersive interfaces.
You are experienced in visual scripting, e.g. UNREAL's Blueprints. You are well versed in core UI principles and have experience implementing and testing UI features in game engines.
What a UI Technical Artist does at EA:
• Work with Producers and Designers to prototype UI features.
• Lead implementation of features, working with Artists and Engineers to plan, implement and iterate them.
• Deliver optimised UI assets and layouts to the developers using a visual scripting system.
• Develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and artistic direction.
• Provide technical support to the team with visual scripting, UI and layout skills.
The next great UI Technical Artist also needs to have:
• 1+ shipped game (PC, Console).
• 3+ years of experience working in a game UI team.
• Excellent experience with troubleshooting UI issues.
• Understanding of different gaming platform limitations and requirements.
• Ability to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Ability to provide a bridge between artists, designers and software engineers.
• Experience of Agile/iterative development methodologies.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects.
• Knowledge or experience in Unity/Unreal.
• Scripting knowledge, either from conventional scripting languages (python, lua, ruby), visual scripting languages or general programming languages (C# or C++).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pw25-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.