The Frostbite Engine group in EA Romania is looking for a UI Systems Software Engineer for the Frostbite team in Bucharest.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II. We focus on AI Systems, profiling tools, release systems and we just started to build the UI Systems team. The mission of the UI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse UI needs of game teams throughout the world.
What you will do as Frostbite software engineer:
Develop the tools, features, and pipelines necessary for game developers to build UI content, including:
• Create layouts that work on multiple platforms and aspect ratios
• Animate UI content in response to game state or user actions
• Manage and processing user input across a variety of input devices
• Bound and display game data within the UI
• Gather requirements from game team developers and write technical design specifications for implementing each new feature
• Build sample content, clear documentation, and training materials for game team UI developers
• Provide support to game team UI developers by addressing any bugs or issues and coordinating cooperative development of essential features
We're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• Object-oriented programming experience and good understanding of OO design principles
• Strong C++ programming skills
• Experience the UI domain and in tool development (not strictly web development)
• Preference for experience developing AAA titles for the latest Microsoft or Sony consoles
• Build features, put together technical proposals and software estimates, and bring features to completion
• Quickly resolve issues in familiar and unfamiliar code
• Knowledge of agile/scrum processes
• C# and WPF experience is a plus
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience is a plus
What's in it for you?
• Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
• Make friends among smart and fun people
• Learn a massive amount of knowledge, skill sets and professional software development practices
• Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
• Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
• Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
• Determine personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
• Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to work with game and engine teams
• Comprehensive health and benefit packages
• Of course, free video games.
And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.