At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it's about amazing our fans. Taking risks, collaborating with each other and daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As a Software Engineer on The Sims, your job will be to architect, implement, and maintain user-facing content for the Sims using Python and C++.
• Implementing gameplay systems written in Python and C++ that are data-driven:
• Sim behaviors: interaction with the world, other Sims, and objects (how would a Flirty Sim behave differently on a pool club versus a bar).
• Ability to build creative real-life archetypes within a simulation game (e.g. romance, careers, postures).
• Runtime optimization for performance and memory usage (scaling a simulation engine to include all aspects of human life).
• Work with the team on continuous improvement of the data-driven framework that brings designs to life.
• Write software requirements and technical design documentation.
• Work with franchise leaders to continue building unique content for a game that delivers to a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
• Excellent game systems programming skills. Demonstrate technical abilities with projects implemented in C++ and or Python.
• Experience with working in Python encouraged.
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
• Experience writing real-time simulation, high-performance game code.
• 5+ years of experience in a hands-on development role.
• Demonstrate past experience in working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Demonstrable experience developing live products at a large scale.
• Previous engineering leadership experience over a major system.
• Experience in using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Team and Collaboration Requirements:
• Ability to work well as part of a creative multi-disciplinary team (work with animators, modelers, visual effect, and audio effect artists).
• Excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during development.
• Strong oral communication and collaboration skills to work with non-engineering disciplines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87pp9-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.