Senior Environment Artist - Battlefield
Technical UI Designer - FIFA - Temporary
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
The Technical Interface Designer (TID) bridges the gap between artists and software engineers by combining artistic experience with programming and scripting. The TID is part of the art team and works with artists, project managers, programmers and other technical designers.
You will be on a temporary assignment (1 year contract) to start, with potential for longer term employment.
• UI Animations using tween libraries.
• Develop and maintain authentic broadcast overlay packages based on provided mock-ups and video references.
• Investigate and help drive FIFA front-end towards the Frostbite engine technology.
• Create animated UI elements using Frostbite engine.
• Apply proper console art optimization techniques.
• Maintain parity and differences in art assets across console generations.
• Create engaging motion graphics demos based on high-level visual direction.
• High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation.
• Maintain an awareness of changes in technology, i.e. hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques, and work with team leaders to inspire creativity.
• Design and deploy automated scripts and tools to improve art and animation workflow.
• Create and maintain naming conventions, art repository, tools, and scripts for the art team.
• Adept in scripting and other Object-oriented programming languages.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphics and animation applications.
• You will learn proprietary production pipelines and workflows.
• Can document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
Nice to Have:
• Familiarity with UX principles.
• Familiarity with revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal.
• Familiarity with Adobe Flash or Adobe Animate.
• Experience with Frostbite engine.
• Experience creating visual targets through motion graphics software such as AE and C4D.
• Degree in a relevant visual art and/or technical subject.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roq7zp-3-237-48-165-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.