Technical Sound Designer (13 month contract) - DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
At DICE we love to push boundaries with creativity, passion, and the constant ambition to create something extraordinary. To do that we need the right team for the job at hand. With new challenges on the horizon, we are now looking to expand our Audio Team with an additional experienced Technical Sound Designer.
A Technical Sound Designer at DICE focuses on the technical aspect of game audio; planning and creating a technical foundation for our projects, whilst maintaining existing systems. The role can be very broad and can be very complex, touching multiple audio aspects on a single title or across all projects. The role reports to the Audio Director on the project, with the Lead Technical Sound Designer as your day to day manager.
• Create, maintain, and share information about processes, best-practices and performance within the wider audio team.
• Identify and remove risk (areas) from the projects.
• Create sound assets and implementations that live up to our creative and technical goals, and iterate on these.
• Test systems and assets in the game, concerning functionality, performance, optimization, uniformity and readability.
• Explore and implement procedural solutions which may benefit the audio team and minimize time spent on non-productive or repetitive tasks.
• Someone with 2+ years of experience working with game audio implementation or related.
• Proficient in at least one of the current generation of industry-standard audio tools and workflows, namely; WWISE, FMOD, Unity, Unreal, Frostbite etc.
• Someone with an understanding of logic-based systems, and a working knowledge of node based visual scripting tools, for example Unreal Blueprints, Pure Data, Max MSP, Frostbite, Reaktor, modular synthesis etc.
• Someone experienced with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW.
• A person with Python (or other) scripting language(s) experience; proficiency is a plus. Coding experience with C, C++, C#Lua, Swift or visual scripting languages is a bonus.
• Proven artistic qualities and be excellent at interpreting reference and following direction.
• A solid appreciation and understanding of how sound works in real-life. A sense for realism and believability, whilst being able to favor readability to support gameplay.
• A broad understanding of technical workflows and integrating audio into the game environment using the tools at hand, creating with quality and efficiency whilst being mindful of performance constraints.
• The ability to establish what good implementation looks like with regards to efficiency, usability, consistency and sustainability.
• Someone who contributes to a collaborative, transparent and learning culture within the team and who takes an active interest in improving the craft and the discipline, whilst keeping DICE.Audio at the forefront of game audio.
As part of your application, please provide:
• An up-to-date resume and cover letter
• A show-reel demonstrating your skills
• As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9502-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.