Data Engineer - Security
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The EA Digital Platform Marketplace team builds web services to allow cloud-based economy management and workflow programs for some of the biggest video games in the world. The team is made up of experienced cloud services engineers, product managers, and program managers working together to ship high-scale, high-availability web services that power millions of daily transactions. You will be focused on complex workflow management software to promote advanced gaming functionality.
You will report to: Director of Program Management
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
• Manage the development plan, schedule, and process for multiple simultaneous projects, including tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities and costs.
• Report on progress to management.
• Coordinate releases, including tracking bug/quality metrics, and ensuring agreement of schedules with customers, our testing group, and other technology groups.
• Engagement: Lead large programs across digital platforms engineering, game studios, services, and digital platform teams for solutions needed to run connected game efforts.
• Balance goals and roadmaps from Product Management with estimates and capacity constraints from Development Teams to provide measurable milestones.
• Resolve risks to the delivery of quality products.
• Support Product Management by working with the Dev team and company partners (central teams, game teams) to refine requirements for development.
• Manage cross-group considerations needed for delivery.
• Pursue continuous improvement efforts based on the feedback from our partners related to performance indicators.
• Data: Use data and our requirements to bring essential insights on vision, requirements, and service improvements.
• Create new process improvement protocols to address persistent program problems.
Experience / Education:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years program management experience running medium to large software programs.
• Knowledge of Agile, Kanban, and waterfall SDLC processes and artifacts.
• 3+ years experience across component definition, design, engagement, engineering, and service management for high-availability online services and platforms.
• Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like: Confluence, GitLab, JIRA.
• Experience working on high-scale, high-availability multi-tenant web services.
• Experience working with multiple teams and partners across organizations.
• Delivery track record across multiple large-scale cross group programs.
• You have enthusiasm for communicating with colleagues, both written and oral.
• You have an analytical mindset, with a focus on project execution and delivery milestones.
• You want to prove everything with data.
• You have experience with web service architecture.
• You have a desire to improve processes in your daily role.
• You bring clarity and ensure shared understanding across teams.
• You create enthusiasm and an environment where everyone can do great work.
• You aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to everything you do.
• You act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to experiment and try new things.
• You're a listener and are open to new ways of thinking.
• You believe in teamwork and being committed to each other
• You speak up when needed and prefer collaboration to sole contributor.
• Understanding of and a passion for the digital gaming space would be considered a huge plus.
• Some prior programming experience would be ideal.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.