Technical Interface Designer - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS
FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Technical Interface Designer (TID) bridges the gap between artists and software engineers by combining artistic skills and experience with programming and scripting. The TID is part of the art team and works closely with artists, project managers, programmers and other technical designers.
• Recreation of authentic broadcast overlays and in game overlays to match styles
• Maintain best practices in code and art development
• Flash-based animations and effects via ActionScript and timeline
• UI animations and effects creation using proprietary game engine
• Apply proper art optimization techniques in Flash assets
• Motion demo design and creation for game front end and HUD and integration in game
• High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
• Investigate new techniques and implement them within the team; staying up-to-date on changes in technology, in terms of hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques
• Design, implement and maintain tools and pipelines to improve art and animation workflow
• Responsible for maintaining and creating naming conventions, art repository, tools, and scripts for the art team
• Strong technical skills, and ability to quickly learn new proprietary production tools and workflow
• Adept in Actionscript 2 and C++ or other Object Oriented programming languages
• Familiar with scripting languages like Python
• Proficient with Flash, Photoshop, and other graphics and animation applications
• Attention to detail in both visual animation and programming
• Excellent problem solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues.
• Ability to communicate clearly with both engineering and art, articulating both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech.
• Must be able to document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
• Understanding of user experience principles
• Understanding of revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal
• Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired (e.g. BSc Computer Science or Game Programming , Game Art and Design Diploma)
• Experience with Frostbite engine
• Experience creating visual targets through motion graphics software such as AE and C4D
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxop91-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.