Core Software Engineer - The Sims
Redwood City, CA
The Mobile Central Technology team is looking for a Technical Director with a proven track record in the mobile gaming industry. Reporting to the Head of Mobile Technology, you will be instrumental in designing, delivering and supporting scalable solutions used across the portfolio.
• Responsible for the successful execution of multiple central technology efforts.
• Establish robust engineering standards and processes across the engineering team.
• Ensure software design and implementation decisions are promptly made and clearly communicated.
• Use metrics and analytics to anticipate future technology issues affecting the health or quality of the team and products.
• Manage technical risks and opportunities.
• Work with other team leaders to manage change.
• Lead, coach and mentor software engineers on the team.
• Recruit and retain great people to the team and company.
• Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
• Minimum of 10 years software development experience in the gaming industry
• Minimum of 1 full project as Technical Director in the Mobile/Free2Play space
• Robust knowledge of game application technologies, spanning client, server, live operations and infrastructure systems
• Game development contributions that clearly demonstrates the above requirements with a high level of proficiency.
• Balanced technical, team, product, project and business requirements for successful outcomes
• Change management, experience adapting/changing status quo and traversing changes with people, products, and processes.
• Experience with multi-studio development
• Experience developing new talent
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.