For more than twenty years, Criterion Games has entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audio-visual quality, and technical innovation across many beloved franchises including Burnout, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the sixth year in a row, we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
We are looking for a Game Technical Director to work on the future of the Need for Speed franchise. Situated at our Guildford-based studio, you will report to the Senior Technical Director and will lead a team of creative, accomplished industry veterans to create a truly immersive game world that pushes the boundaries of a world class racing game. You will help engineers, artists and designers realise their visions, explore the latest technology and help guide the future of the franchise. Your energy and foresight will push all technical aspects of the Game, AI and UI engineering teams, guide careers and deliver something special for the fans to become part of the NFS world.
• Coordinate with accomplished engineers, designers, artists & producers to build compelling games within a huge immersive world
• Work with creative leads to push the boundaries of technology within Gameplay, AI and UI
• Mentor and develop the skills and careers of your direct reports, and the wider engineering team
• Work with other Technical Directors to help guide the creation of technology to best support the franchise long-term vision
• Identify future risks and opportunities whilst addressing them
• Write, support and review technical designs where required
• Assess and improve teams workflows and timelines to deliver the best game possible
• 10+ years / 4+ consoles games in a technical leadership position
• Experienced in hiring, managing and developing technical teams
• Knowledge of Game, UI, AI and Network game development and concepts
• C++ game engine knowledge
#LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite #FlexibleWork
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxz0qj-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.