Lead Software Developer - Tools
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
We are looking for a Technical Design Director to join our team and provide active guidance on workflow development and technical implementation. The Technical Design Director will partner with project TDs and be the bridge between design and engineering teams. You will report to the Development Director.
What you'll do:
• Oversee the guidelines for technical audits of design content and enforce standards and metrics.
• Establish, own and communicate the technical strategy for multiple design features within the project.
• Lead and mentor the Technical Design team.
• Determine the standards for technical reviews for multiple design features within the project.
• Establish a culture of technical collaboration with other developers across studios.
Who you are:
• Experience in leadership positions with tech design or design backgrounds, or experience as a technical design director in the production of large, high-quality game(s).
• Multiple shipped AAA titles.
• Experience with technical design principles, design processes, content creation, engines, tools, and pipelines.
• Work towards mastery of our engine. ''Aims to know how everything works.''
• You have an understanding of code and experience bridging design and engineering practices.
• You will collaborate and establish good overlap with other senior technical designers or technical design directors within EA Studios.
• 8 or more years of games industry experience.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.