We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working with EA studios to ship amazing games.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
What we're looking for
You are a Technical Artist with a passion for visual effects in games. You love taking on the technical challenges of visual effects tools and how these tools can enhance and energize the game play experience. You understand the challenges of visual effects, their requirements for gameplay and how even the simplest of effects can change the entire game experience. Your passion and expertise will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
• Use your technical expertise with visual effects systems to guide Frostbites continued development and improvement of its vfx tools.
• Collaborate directly with product managers and engineers to improve the usability of content workflows and help prioritize the design of new features.
• Validate that new development meets usability and functionality requirements.
• Work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
• Collaborate and advise on visual effects tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite.
You Will Need
• Experience with industry standard tools such as Maya, Photoshop and Houdini.
• Experience with math for computer graphics and physics (shader languages)
• Experience in node-based VFX authoring and scripting (Niagara, Unity VFX Graph)
• Experience with game engine editors, tools and pipelines
• Minimum of 2 years experience is ideal
• Experience shipping AAA games as a VFX artist
Bonus Points For
• Experience working in television and films.
• knowledge of animation, animation tools and systems.
• Experience teaching or training others in creating visual effects
• Love of learning, experimenting with new ideas and discovering ways to improve production workflows
• You love a good challenge and aren't afraid to address technical issues you don't know how to solve
More about our studio: www.frostbite.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28nz5-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.