We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our team have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audio-visual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge ahead
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our creative team working on the Need For Speed franchise to help solve challenges the teams face. You'll be working on improving workflows and pipelines, creating new tools and researching new approaches. You will report to the Technical Art Director and work in collaboration with content creators and other Technical Artists on features and content creation techniques.
What will a Tools and Pipeline Technical Artist do:
• You will explore potential improvements to our pipelines and workflows in collaboration with the Art Leads, and create proof-of-concept tools that can benefit the team.
• Working with Technical Artists, Tools Software Engineers & Rendering Software Engineers you'll convert prototype solutions into production workflows and tools.
• Help support content creation teams on a wide range of topics from workflow improvements to improving quality to optimisation.
• Work on both DCC side tools as well as Game Editor side tools and scripts.
• Bring your expertise to future plans, including roadmaps for engine development, tech art and content workflows
• Stay up to date with industry trends in content tools, workflows and pipelines
• Be part of a creative team of cross discipline collaborators with a passion for the game they're working on
What we're looking for:
• Experience working as a Technical Artist on AAA game or film projects
• An understanding of the architecture for complex tools and pipelines with a focus on content creator friendly workflows and scalability.
• Effective at communicating and working with different audiences to partner in technology and tool development: Content Creators, Technical Artists, Tools and Rendering SEs.
• Experience using and setting up Automation for content/asset processing.
• Understanding of a wide range of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high-quality.
• A proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, C#, C++
• Knowledge of 3D Art packages and workflows: Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini, Etc.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems together
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej9z2-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.