(Location: Vancouver, Montreal, Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles preferred, but role could be open to other Canadian or US locations for the right candidate.)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
What the Tools/Pipeline Developer (Technical Artist) does:
As a Tools/Pipeline Developer on the team, you will focus on a large asset library product that has been developed within EA Create. You will gather requirements, design tools, debug, build pipelines and tools, automate processes for curation and uploading assets, work on complex problems with artists and other engineers in the domain of tool, pipeline, and develop workflows to improve quality and improve processes. You will report to the product Development Director.
Day to day you will...
• Gather user requirements, design, debug, test and maintain quality and reusable code
• Work with customers (i.e., artists, engineers) to create pipelines, tools and automation processes for getting content from its source, through curation, and up to asset management system
• Evaluate assets and determine the direction of development depending on the asset type
• Experience in C#, working knowledge of .NET
• Experience working with DCC applications such as Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, Substance Designer
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent training and professional experience
• Experience in tool development that may include world editing tools, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems, GUI development or Unity
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices (e.g., design patterns, object-oriented design)
Bonus if you have:
• Experience working with artists and software engineers
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python
• Exposure to designing User Interfaces in C# using WPF
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe0pp-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.