EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and content production workflows.
What the Technical Artist will do:
The Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. Technical Artists are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA Create Technical Art team.
Who You Are:
• At least 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
• Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
• Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
• Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
• A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to debugging technical issues.
• Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• A Passion for Games!
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.