We are EA Create
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry-leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing and virtual cinematography tools.
The Challenge Ahead:
• EA Create Capture is looking for a Technical Artist for its Vancouver facility.
• You have technical experience in the entertainment industry
• You have an in-depth knowledge of data workflows
• We ask that you have the ability to adapt to custom toolsets and workflows; to maintain the highest data quality and throughput
• As a Technical Artist, you will work with the motion capture specialists within Create Capture to investigate and resolve technical issues for project-wide problems.
• You will work with other Technical Artists to investigate and implement new techniques, including the development of custom tools for workflow improvements Or automation efficiencies per the technical vision of the Technical Art Director.
• To migrate the tool used by EA's game teams to select and order data from local server based to a web-based UI system
• Integrate Capture's Shotgun based motion capture library with EA's more general asset library
• Represent a technical opinion and provide technical insight while attending meetings with other Subject Matter Experts within Create Capture.
• Create technical documents which include setup, usage, troubleshooting, and maintenance guides.
• Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to create custom scripts and tools to help support data processing needs.
• Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to support solutions to project-wide problems, as defined by the Technical Art Director.
• Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to investigate and implement technical solutions per the vision of the Technical Art Director.
• A passionate professional that thrives at the intersection between art and technology.
• At least 3 years' experience in the entertainment industry, working hands-on with data pipelines.
• At least 3 years' experience working with industry standard digital content creation applications (Autodesk Maya, Motion Builder, Unreal)
• Production Development experience with record keeping database systems (Shotgun, REST, MySQL).
• At least 1 years' production scripting experience, using interpreted scripting languages (Python, Mel, HSL).
• At least 1 years' experience with version control systems (Perforce, Git)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.