Technical Artist (Tools) - DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Technical Artist at DICE, you are the link between the content creators and software engineers. You will support the wider art team with technical solutions in the engine, research and develop tools, improve workflows and promote best practices. With a deep technical knowledge and an eye for visuals, you ensure the production setup keeps up with industry developments. You will report to the Technical Tools Lead and help guide the craft forward.
The Tool Technical Artist focuses on the toolset and pipelines in the creative process. By building and supporting custom tool chains for the studio's needs that help foster new workflows to create better efficiency, artistic freedom, scalability and asset quality.
Workflows are under constant development and the Tools Tech Artist is the strongest driving force. By understanding artistic processes, industry developments and technical systems they work with our engineers to implement meaningful and practical improvements.
• Support the content team with technical solutions on workflows and tools.
• Develop and support tools for content creators.
• Technical assistance for content creators.
• Write tools for automation.
• Research and develop workflows and best practices.
• Identify problems and find solutions to technical issues.
• At least 3 years experience as a Technical Artist and working in game development.
• Worked as or with artists and has a understanding of content creation, modern workflows, 3D engines and development pipelines (for example Maya, houdini, unreal engine etc.)
• An eye and understanding for visual quality and fidelity.
• Structured and service minded with a passion for identifying problems and finding solutions.
• Have a strong understanding of scripting and programming languages for tool building (for example, Python, C# etc.)
• Welcoming attitude, works well with larger teams and can guide people to best practices in art creation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xq97-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.