Senior Sound Designer
Technical Artist (Shaders) DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Technical Artist at DICE, you are the link between the content creators and software engineers. Your role is to support the wider art team with technical solutions in the engine, research and develop tools, improve workflows and promote best practices. With a deep technical knowledge and an eye for visuals, you ensure the production setup keeps up with industry developments.
As a Technical Shader Artist, you will work in close collaboration with our artists to create, maintain and optimize the shaders for assets, characters, vehicles, water and terrain.
You will report to the Technical Art Director and help realize the technical art direction to ensure we reach our project goals - by providing feedback and communicating concerns regarding potential mismatch between artistic goals and practical reality. You will also review content and the game to establish consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals.
• At least 2 years experience developing shaders and working in game development.
• Worked as or with artists and has a strong understanding of content creation, modern workflows, 3D engines and development pipelines.
• An eye and understanding for visual quality and fidelity.
• Experience with performance profiling and reviewing bugs.
• Structured and service minded with a passion for identifying problems and finding solutions.
• Welcoming attitude, works well with larger teams and can guide people to best practices in art creation.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.