Data Engineer - Security
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Technical Art Director- Performance and Systems– SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Art Director - Performance and Systems to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development. You will report to Skate's Technical Art Director and work in collaboration with technical artists, engineers, and content creators working on content scalability and pipelines, platform strategies for content delivery and management, and driving performance guidelines and tracking mechanisms.
• You will research and drive the exploration of potential solutions for Content Scalability across multiple content axes and platforms and directly create proof-of-concept work in pre-production.
• Work with Technical Artists and Systems Software Engineers to create solutions and guidelines for structuring content to enable the product goals for streaming and live update patching.
• You will work with our team's Technical Artists, Content Creators, and Rendering and Tools Software Engineers to create best practices, guidelines, and solutions for tracking and controlling performance.
• Drive inclusion of new pipelines, tools & workflows in engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps, and content team workflow roadmaps.
• Drive selection of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions to support the game's platform and content strategy goals.
• Stay current with and exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge about current state-of-the-industry content workflows, tools and pipelines.
• Educate & Articulate concepts relating to Performance and Systems to the game team through presentations; Audiences for which will include members of other disciplines & domains such as Art Direction, Content Creators, Engineering, Operations, and Production.
• Attend planning and team meetings; Build user stories and generate time estimates for project planning.
• You will report to the Franchise Technical Art Director on the project.
• 5+ Years Experience as a Technical Artist working on Runtime Content Management, Performance and Content Pipelines.
• Experience guiding and leading other TAs on at least 1-2 shipped console/PC titles.
• Experience with core engine systems and architectures and how they affect content development strategies.
• Ability to work with artists and designers to determine best practices and tool and workflow requirements.
• Working with external partners, teams, engine developers to co-develop tools and technology.
• Experience utilising and setting up Automation for content/asset processing.
• Able to communicate and work together with Tools and Rendering SEs to drive technology and tool development.
• Understanding of a wide range of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high -quality (i.e. make sure the output of tools is usable for games).
• Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, VEX, C#, C++
• Some experience in sculpting, modeling, rigging and animation and understanding of the related workflows preferred
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.