We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Technical Animator does at Criterion:
We're looking for a Technical Animator who can combine their understanding of animation, logical flow and scripting techniques to give players a tangible connection to their on screen characters.
We need your passion for immersive experience to create state machines with a focus on simplicity and accessibility. You will need to analyse feature designs and propose setups, specific animations and other solutions that integrate with the game features and animation design.
You will report to the Technical Artist Director and work with fellow Technical Artists, Animators, Engineers and Designers as part of a collaborative team. You will use our proprietary animation system to bring interaction and intelligence to the way characters, vehicles and other assets animate in game.
A Technical Animator also needs:
• Shipped at least one AAA game as a Technical Animator
• Experience using game animation systems: state flows/machines,
tags and databases.
• Experience with performance analysis and runtime optimization of
animation and character assets
• Experience with procedural animation techniques (e.g. Crowd Systems, Pose Based
Animation Systems, Foot planting, Hand IKs, Physics).• • Familiarity with visual scripting and programming (e.g. Unreal
• A passion for playing and making games.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
• Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
• Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
• Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
• Casual dress code
We're based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
• More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zmzj-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.