Taxonomist (Contract'/Temporary Role)
We are Electronic Arts' Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere. We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
Our team is seeking a Taxonomist to help build taxonomies that support personalized player experiences across our portfolio of games and channels. The role will report into the Taxonomy Lead, working as part of a small team of passionate information science professionals, including ontologists, taxonomists, content modelers, product and project managers.
• Develop taxonomies, thesauri, and controlled vocabularies, with an emphasis on sustainability
• Identify taxonomy requirements through research into end-user needs, content management system requirements, EA's existing content corpus, and gathering and organizing input from internal stakeholders and external sources
• Collaborate with developers, engineers, and content teams in implementing taxonomies
• Educate partners on taxonomy processes, workflows, and implementation frameworks
• Follow existing, and help establish new, governance processes
• This is a hands-on taxonomy management role involving data entry
• 7+ years experience as a working taxonomist
• Master's degree in Library and Information Science, Information Management or equivalent work experience and education preferred
• Experience building taxonomies in a large organization including an understanding of the theoretical principles of taxonomy architecture
Please note this is a 12 month temporary role. Our Global Benefits Package is not included with this role.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.