Development Manager - QV
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
• Design, architects and documents technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development – frame-rate, load-times, run-time memory usage, disk space usage, engine integrations.
• Work with other domain owners to integrate and develop essential technologies and improve memory usage, performance and stability.
• Analyze the impact to the above-mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
• Provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement & optimizations.
• You are involved in architectural design and implementation of technology and foundation layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (Play Station, XBOX, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for a worldwide audience.
• You will report to the systems team manager and work with your peers to develop FIFA's foundation layer.
• C++ proficiency.
• 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
• Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
• Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C# is a plus.
• Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
• Knowledge of XBOX and Play Station platforms is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.