Associate Development Manager - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Bucharest and Vancouver the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
• Design, architects and documents technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development – frame-rate, load-times, run-time memory usage, disk space usage, engine integrations.
• Work with other domain owners to integrate and develop essential technologies and improve memory usage, performance and stability.
• Analyze the impact of the above-mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
• Provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement & optimizations.
• You are involved in architectural design and implementation of technology and foundation layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (Play Station, XBOX, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for a worldwide audience.
• You will report to the systems team manager and work with your peers to develop NHL's foundation layer.
• C++ proficiency.
• 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
• Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
• Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C# is a plus.
• Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
• Knowledge of XBOX and Play Station platforms is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o5p0-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.