EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
As part of FIFA, the ultimate purpose of this team is to be a catalyst for meaningful and impactful innovation and change. It's going to work in support and evolution of the FIFA business and teams and its goal is to provide the technological and experiential capabilities to build the FIFA of tomorrow.
Innovation, passion, and team-work are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver and Bucharest; we are excited by the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Systems Software Engineer is a part of a game creation process. You are involved in architectural design and implementation of technology and foundation layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (Play Station, XBOX, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for a world-wide audience.
What you will do as a rendering engineer:
• Work with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
• Provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
• look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
• You will report to the systems team manager and work with your peers to develop the FIFA's foundation layer.
We are looking for:
• Passion for the development craft and shows interest in systems level work.
• Experience with C++ for 3 years
• Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Experience with parallel programming considerations, resource management, and hardware architecture.
• Understanding of x86 assembly.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
• Experience in embedded systems.
• Experience in job-based architectures.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5207-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.