A full-time position, reporting to the Site IT Manager, focused on IT server-based solutions ensuring the development of games. You will provide direct support to development teams, focusing on the virtual environment (VMware), Public Cloud environment, automation tools, storage and Linux and Windows administration. The successful candidate will coordinate and improve the virtual environment without imposing on Service Level Agreements for all business-critical applications. You will implement productivity-enhancing tools for the game teams.
Key skills & Responsibilities
• 5+ years of systems and network experience.
• 5+ years relevant production environment experience with VMware virtualization – scripting and automation, management, upgrades, and templates.
• 3+ years' experience with common private and public cloud services and technologies.
• Experience with modern IT infrastructure automation technologies (Ansible preferred) with experience in common scripting (Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.) Windows experience including Active Directory management and experience with Windows Server 2012 and later.
• 3+ years Linux (CentOS/RHEL) administration experience.
• 3+ years relevant experience in storage administration, including ongoing administration, and support of NFS and CIFS. (Experience with NetApp an asset).
• 3+ years' experience managing and maintaining server hardware – firmware, updates, physical upgrades and troubleshooting
• 2+ years relevant experience with network administration and cabling - support, troubleshooting, and management.
• Experience with Problem, Incident and Change Management system experience.
• Experience with Container technologies (AKS/EKS, Docker, Kubernetes).
• Help to facilitate development teams' efforts to migrate from on-premise to public cloud
• Troubleshoot application, network, and server level (hardware and software) problems for all internal systems.
• Manage NetApp storage and VMware virtualization infrastructure including storage and VM provisioning and troubleshooting performance and permission issues.
• Work with local and global development teams for assessment and issue management of production and development environments.
• You will identify operational deficiencies and provide solutions to them.
• You will be expected to be on-site at least 3 days a week
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES (Non-technical skills)
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Work in a team and independently while also striving for innovation and improvement.
• The ability to learn quickly and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions.
• Dependable and committed to projects and tasks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyeq9k-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.