We are DICE
This is a 12 Months Contract
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the creative game Mirror's Edge.
The Support Engineer Role
Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to everyone in our next game project to enable the project and unblock people in their daily work.
The team is composed of people from multiple teams with varying levels of technical expertise. They may be experts in certain workflows and barely familiar with others.
We are looking for an engineer who provides timely, pragmatic, and relevant solutions. Work with colleagues across the organization. Work proactively to acquire expertise, document, and share knowledge.
• Take questions from the project, most of the questions are communicated through the project support channel.
• Provide solution and/or directions to right team and people
• Gathering extra information for later troubleshooting
• Build up and maintain a knowledge (and expertise) database, preferably in writing (Stack Overflow and Confluence). Finding pattern behind solving a problem
• Be a goalie, at the beginning you will have this role with other colleagues: Take questions, provide an answer if possible and otherwise draw in the ''second-level'' POCs from the various disciplines.
• Become second level support in (at least) the area of development kits and playtests, which is already owned by another team (Quality Verification team)
• Have previously worked as support engineer where you provided technical support
• Scripting/automation experience such as Powershell, Python, bash
• Have an analytical mindset and enjoy solving problems
• Learn quickly and adaptable
• Speak and write in English to an excellent level
• Gether a high level understanding of our development platform and all the critical components that the team rely on
• Have previously worked in gaming industry
• Worked with Tools, architecture of complex system / Game Engine and worked with various process and workflows
• Be able to handle the vast amount of variations we are subjected to - debug/retail data, different platforms, different build configurations, computers at home or in the office, online settings etc. This is pivotal to narrowing down the source of a problem, and getting this information sorted out is something first level support can do to offload the second level support.
• Have a basic, but good understanding of IT, to help with issues due to local machine conditions.
• Perforce. Gitlab
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooyp1-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.