Brand Marketing Manager
We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You are probably familiar with many of our titles- FIFA, Madden, NHL, UFC, Apex Legends, The Sims, and Jedi: Fallen Order to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher who should not only love to play games but also has a passion for shaping and evaluating the gaming experience. You are excited to be part of an accomplished and advanced team shaping the future of EA games across devices. You will apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and creative gaming experiences. You will develop research plans that span the full product development cycle and integrate user research into the game product development process.
You will lead the research team for FIFA, and you will report to the EA Vancouver UXR Manager.
• Directly report to UXR Manager; work and mentor UX Researcher peers
• Conduct user research activities for multiple EA products across multiple platforms (including console and mobile)
• Analyze relevant data from mixed research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, telemetry) independently
• Work with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies
• Communicate research results to multiple levels of the organization in creative ways that create impact, while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation
• Develop long-term user research strategy plans for EA's titles
• Create new methodologies for each product's unique gameplay and sensibility while maintaining research quality and process
• Promote and inspire innovations in EA global UX Research team
• Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product strategists, market researchers, producers) to produce insights that improve the trajectory of their product work
• Work closely with UXR Manager to advocate highly functional team culture
• You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human-computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
• You have 5+ years' industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms
• You have expertise in research design, experience in multiple methodologies (e.g., correlational, experimental research, field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development, survey research, usability studies, and competitive benchmarking)
• You have experience in information design, game design principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry
• You can assimilate new ideas and information quickly, recommend actions using objective data, and influence the actions taken based on that data
• You can write and present influential reports
• You can plan and prioritize your and others' work
• You have positive attitudes at work and inspire constructive discussions
• You have great experiences dealing with difficult conversations and solving conflicts
• You understand the values of functional team culture and know-how to build efficient collaborations and relationships
• Experience with statistical packages (such as SPSS or R) desirable
What is in it for you? Glad you asked!
• Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
• Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
• Private medical insurance & dental care
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance
• Stock plans
• Employee discounts
• Annual game points and digital download allowance
• Free breakfast provided daily
• Casual dress code
• Flexible schedule
• Work from home friendly
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp11w9-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.