The EA Frostbite Quality Development Services group (QDS) is a critical partner of EA game engine development and a driver for quality and productivity within those teams. We are EA Frostbite's continuous integration and build experts. We are located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. Our services include Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure Management.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment. Innovate to keep EA at the bleeding edge of the industry standards for quality and processes to make a difference for thousands of employees and millions of gamers in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) to join the QDS group and provide exemplary services, devops development expertise, and thought leadership to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
The goals of the role include:
• Lead role in defining the technology solutions to implement 'nextgen' buildfarm operations
• Setup and deployment of Cloud solutions for DevOps
• Setup and deployment of Orchestration solutions for BuildFarm needs
• Competent ease at recognizing and solving build failures in all the stages of a CI/CD environment.
• Programing experience related to build farm improvement (eg java, python, scripting and configurations common in DevOps)
• Provides exceptional expertise on evaluating solutions for quality, efficiency, and correctness of approach
• Able to perform code reviews for junior and more senior team members.
• Able to quickly learn proprietary tech and work with it for solutions.
• Clear and effective communication to senior management, stakeholders, and expert influential collaboration with team members, both verbally and effective documentation.
• Well versed in the use and administration of CI/CD frameworks. Jenkins is strongly preferred.
• Able to set up and deploy a CI/CD environment, 'large-scale' environment. (being a sole or, tech lead in the process)
• Proven programming experience, and skill. Java, Groovy, Python, C# preferred.
• Have extensive experience with DevOps concepts and operations (containerization, orchestration, virtualization)
• Extensive Cloud DevOps knowledge, and experience (Terraform, Kubernetes, autoscaling,, cloud compute, cloud storage etc)
• Experienced with both on-prem and cloud DevOps in environments where the two are mixed.
• Expert competence navigating various operating environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, and mobile environments).
• Experience with data search, analytics, and monitoring tools (splunk, elasticsearch, and their visual options, e.g. kibana). Strong preference on Elasticsearch and complementary tooling.
• Need to be naturally driven to develop the team in mentoring, teaching, and guiding, both in skills and best practices.
Attributes you have:
• Smart Problem Solver :: Proven Troubleshooting skill in CI/CD space.
• Adaptable :: Switching between, static/dynamic, and cloud/on-prem environments and multiple operating environments and script/code languages.
• Analytical :: able to collect data to backup ''proof'' on tech directions to pursue
• Collaborative :: ease of working with different groups both technical and non-technical.
Achievements you've accomplished:
• Been a lead on a team of at least 5 people.
• Been a lead in managing large-scale CI environments.
• Have been a lead of a large team and large scale operation for more than 5 years.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y4p1-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.