The Production Infrastructure & Engineering team is looking for Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) leader to join our globally distributed team. You will have experience managing operations and development teams, leading large-scale projects, with high energy, dedication, and passion for technology. Reporting to the Senior Manager, DevOps you will be directly responsible for the work, output, and growth of this organization which operates 24/7 with teams in Vancouver, Romania, Argentina, and Colombia
Who We Are
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. Our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from helping the developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. We focus heavily on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is robust, efficient, and supportable. Our responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Be the escalation path for on-call incident response and triage
• Perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention
• Create configuration management and infrastructure automation
• Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for all that we build
• Design and deliver core infrastructure services
• Preemptively create stability, security, and performance improvements via metric/monitoring analysis
• Making sure every service has a complete high-availability and disaster recovery story
• Maintain security standards across everything we support.
• Produce documentation, runbooks, and support tooling for online support teams
• You will manage and coach direct-reporting development managers, while creating relationships with the entire team
• Partner with external shared service teams to accomplish franchise requirements.
• Build and evolve effective team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Develop effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
• Provide line management to employees with diverse teams.
• Build and run production and internal business services.
• Maintain an efficient deployment pipeline through the use of configuration management.
• Drive best practices in Change Management to ensure Uptime Service level agreements are met.
• Manage important live issues and drive resolution and root cause analysis.
• Establish and assign franchise level goals from defined from organizational goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a franchise level.
• Assess and mitigate risk across the group.
• Partner with team members to manage scope and quality.
• Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly;
• Partner with all internal departments such as Finance, HR, and Talent Acquisition.
• 8+ years project management or team leadership experience;
• 3+ years of experience managing and developing talent
• Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
• Experience managing team budget and budget planning process
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.