Senior Manager, Compensation Operations
Remote N America
Senior Manager, Compensation Operations
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It is not just a play on words. PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully create programs and talent strategies that directly affect our teams' experience and allow our people to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
EA's Global Compensation team manages our core compensation programs and provides consultation to our HR partners and business leaders. We stay at the forefront of market trends and combine our knowledge of market practice with the needs of our business to create compelling, competitive, performance-oriented compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain EA's talent.
We are looking for an accomplished analytics or systems expert with experience in and passion for Compensation. In this role leading Comp Operations for the team, you will automate processes, audit our data, own job architecture on behalf of the team, and manage data flows between systems. You are energized by using technology to create efficiencies, and improve operations and working partnerships. You work with and through others to improve systemic issues, learn from experiences, communicate solutions to decision-makers, and bring others along the journey on complex projects.
You will report to EA's Senior Director of Global Compensation.
• You will be the internal expert regarding Compensation analytics, technology, operations, and processes for the company.
• You will develop the vision, design, and implementation plan for processes to increase efficiency of compensation team members, such as market analysis and job matching, budget development and planning, salary and equity range build.
• You will lead systems and analytics workstreams during the annual compensation planning process (aka Focal) with effective HRIS, People Analytics, and Talent & Performance team partnerships.
• You will be the primary contact with our HRIS team, overseeing Comp system integrations and managing data flows between Comp-related systems. Collaborate with HRIS on tool strategy, improvements and enhancements.
• Lead job architecture for the Comp team, partnering with the Talent & Performance and Workforce Planning teams.
• Lead Compensation reporting and analytics for our Focal, Talent Planning, and Executive Talent Review processes.
• Bring strategic partnership, analytical rigor, and change leadership to the budget planning process, including socialization of budget impacts on workforce planning and company operating expenses to executive leadership and business groups.
• Assess and audit proposed compensation outcomes such as pay gaps, short and long-term incentive provision, and equity participation, by department / location / employee demographics, to assess effectiveness, fairness, and compliance.
• Manage internal compensation team operations, relationships, and costs pertaining to vendor resourcing, contracts and renewals, survey providers, systems infrastructure, and yearly projects.
• Participate in relevant compensation surveys, and other vendor-led external events / forums, for benchmarking purposes, and to stay informed about market trends and their potentially applicability to EA's programs.
• Identify processes or capabilities that could benefit from automation, process enhancements or re-engineering
• Bachelor's Degree- ideally in a business or quantitative field
• 8+ years of total work experience, with at least 3 years in compensation
• 5 or more years of experience with visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, or similar tools
• Superb Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and data modeling / analytics capability.
• Demonstrated capability with partner management and experience developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with multiple partners- including executives, line management, peers, and partners.
• Experienced in working with sensitive data, providing guidance, and developing data standards and governance (including business rules) for privacy, analysis and reporting
• Expert at communicating insights, both verbally and through analytical reports and visualizations, and answering business questions with data
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpb1m9-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.