Development Director - Tools & Technology
The Challenge Ahead:
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Studio Data & Insights department as a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, working with a team of accomplished developers and delivering complex development projects for internal systems across a variety of products and technologies.
This role offers challenges across a range of projects and responsibilities, including the opportunity to influence the future direction of the department and systems used across the business.
To apply for this role, you should have a proven technical capability and a track record in software development, DevOps and cloud engineering. You are motivated and experienced in taking responsibility to lead and deliver both departmental and business projects.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Lead in the technical design and implementation of scalable automation solutions for testing, deployment and monitoring systems.
• Continuously work towards operational excellence by identifying opportunities to automate away manual processes.
• Generate technical designs with hands-on development of cloud-native data solutions, with a focus on continuous improvement in design and delivery standards; understanding and contributing from design through to code level
• Partner with the technical director and data solutions architect to understand requirements, evaluate options, develop roadmaps and ensure needs are addressed in a complex, multi-partner environment
• Work with and mentor junior engineers in the techniques and craft of building scalable and supportable cloud infrastructure
• Assess and recommend available and latest cloud-based data and analytics technologies
What a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer at EA does:
• Manage Build infrastructure, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines with tools like Gitlab (CI/CD) and monitoring tools like Datadog.
• Implement Test Automation & AIOps including data quality monitoring and testing frameworks
• Enhance current automation tools and introduce automation to replace manual processes
• Assess and enhance application security
• Implement tools that build and deploy infrastructure and services
• Write applications to monitor service health, perform log analysis, and automate recovery
• Create designs for improvements or additions to the cloud infrastructure stack and communicate those designs both to team leads and engineers
• Apply software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Provide high-quality code reviews and feedback to engineers
• Prototype, compare, and test new frameworks and technologies and make recommendations based on the results to team leads
Our next Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer at EA will have:
• Well-versed in DevOps principles & practices with a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
• DevOps tool-chain integration experience: Release Orchestration & Automation, Source Code & Build Management, Code Quality & Security Management, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment (with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code) and Operational Monitoring & Management
• Well-versed in either AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and must demonstrate advanced knowledge in at least FIVE (5) services offered under the categories: Compute or Storage, Database, Networking & Content Delivery, Management & Governance, Analytics, Security, Identity, & Compliance (OR) equivalent Cloud Platform experience.
• Expertise with containerized technologies and container orchestration frameworks, for example Docker and Kubernetes, and their offerings on AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure
• You have experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines, and creating reproducible builds from development to production
• Programming experience in either Python, Java. C# or Scala
• Experience using and configuring systems like Gitlab, Jenkins, Buildkite, Spinnaker, or other CI/CD tools
• Experience optimizing cloud-native solutions and architectures
• Experience in the physical and logical design of network architecture for cloud, including network security architecture, load-balancing, DR failover, and performance tuning
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2w8b-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.