Sr. Commercial Manager | RPG & ACTION franchises
This job description will provide an overview of a Senior Commercial Manager, RPG & AA within Electronic Arts. It does not cover technical details and daily routines.
WHY AM I HERE?
You manage the global commercial success of the RPG & ACTION franchises across the markets, channels and partners. You work with the global franchise commercial lead on many projects to improve player acquisition and franchise revenue growth both short- and long term. You participate in the important work of defining the long-term strategy of the RPG & ACTION franchises. You represent the voice of players, partners, markets and our distribution channels. You work with our brand and studio teams, where you represent Global Commercial Organization (GCO). You ensure that the overarching RPG & ACTION franchise tactics are well run across all channels, partners and markets in close collaboration with partner teams such as Brand and Studio. Your responsibilities range across all revenue streams and all business models. Therefore it's your responsibility to ensure that these are well represented and supported globally.
WHAT DO I DO?
You report to the Senior Director GCM (Global Commercial Management) of the franchise to guide the commercial success of the RPG & ACTION franchises. Together we ensure that the markets, distribution channels and the commercial organization are well represented on the RPG & ACTION franchises Atomic Teams and with Studio leadership. You have 2+ years of experience in either Commercial or Marketing roles.
THE FRANCHISE INTERFACE BETWEEN GLOBAL FRANCHISE, GCO PARTNERS, GCO MARKETS AND OTHER CFX TEAMS
• Is the main contact for any commercial topics raised on the RPG & ACTION franchises.
• Be the Global Commercial representative on the RPG & ACTION franchises Atomic Team full-time.
• Be the interlinking role between the GCO Partners team (digital channels, subscriptions), GCO Markets team and the GCM EA GAMES Leadership team.
• Educate partners on commercial topics and establish the mindset of spending money always working in collaboration with the objective of earning money (M&A vs. Revenue, Return on investment)
• Represent the RPG & ACTION franchises at selected partner meetings eg. brand partners, channel partners or retail partners.
LONG RANGE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Track the long range commercial performance of the RPG & ACTION franchises across all business models
• Provide commercial goals per territory and channel by setting and tracking relevant Measurements for the RPG & ACTION franchises.
• Close collaboration with the Global Demand Planning manager and the Commercial franchise intelligence team for the RPG & ACTION franchises on forecasts and business cases. Contribute with genre, competitor intelligence and business model intelligence to the long range conversation for the RPG & ACTION franchises.
• Work with the Pricing Manager within the EA Games Commercial team to advise on regional pricing adjustments, based on currency fluctuations as well as competitive analysis. Consult price and promotion calendars from a RPG & ACTION franchises point of view.
• Explore, and partner on regional opportunities for the RPG & ACTION franchises to develop new revenue streams or player growth opportunities.
• Organize multi-year RPG & ACTION franchises growth opportunities to either stretch targets or risk mitigation.
• Provide commercial goals per territory and channel by setting and tracking relevant Measurements.
• Coordinate and run commercial RPG & ACTION franchises test & learn programs
• Provide Market classification, prioritization and insights in close collaboration with our in-country partners, and our business intelligence and analytics teams.
• Advise on culturalization RPG & ACTION franchises opportunities: licensing, localization, payment methods, player experience, campaigns nuances.
• Support marketing teams in collaboratively creating gameplay, playbook and campaign planning
• Support the Content Planning process (Edition planning) with all relevant CFX partners for the RPG & ACTION franchises.
• Manage the Licensing/Merchandising programs in collaboration with the Commercial Brand Partnership team for the RPG & ACTION franchises by revisiting existing relationships and developing new opportunities.
• If applicable, act as a liaison for the competitive gaming team when working with markets on regional partnering and execution of competitive gaming for the RPG & ACTION franchises.
FISCAL YEAR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be an advocate of the RPG & ACTION franchises, considering the franchises overall strategic relevance on the success of EA.
• Track the global FY commercial performance of the RPG & ACTION franchises across all business models
• Provide visibility on commercial beats, promotions and commercial budgets.
• Update CFX partners about commercial RPG & ACTION franchises performance and other relevant commercial updates
• Identify and address annual RPG & ACTION franchises growth opportunities across all revenue streams.
• Create business cases for any revenue opportunity bringing together input from Demand Planning, Finance & AnalyticsPartners with Studio teams to identify and help commercial RPG & ACTION franchises opportunities requiring development resources
• Identify and address unplanned changes through market teams, digital channels and other partners
• Analyze country specific RPG & ACTION franchises performance variations vs. forecast by assessing the status quo and identifying/allowing potential mitigation activities.
• Represent local market, digital and subscription opportunities with CPA CFX partners.
• Work with the GCO Markets and the Brand team on optimizing RPG & ACTION franchises media expenditure and leads commercial budget allocation using relevant data sources from Market Intelligence, GAI, DP, FP&A, 1P and others to advise on media allocation based on commercial strategies.
ATOMIC TEAM COMMERCIAL REPRESENTATIVE
• Represent Commercial Organization on the RPG & ACTION franchises Atomic Team for all channels and business models
• Represent Commercial Organization's perspective regarding revenue models, release schedule (including early access), live service strategy and communication plans.
• Manage the global franchise commercial strategy including market growth opportunities and challenges.
• Coordinate execution of commercial campaign elements to ensure in sync with the marketing campaign execution for the RPG & ACTION franchises.
• Build commercial channel RPG & ACTION franchises perspective for meetings like the GCO Weekly Revenue Call, Global Demand Review, the KFR and QBR.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3ve15-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.