EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively guided through collaboration, culture and craft.
Building everything from head to toe, the EA Create Characters team has built, sculpted and scanned 1000's of characters and the wardrobes - both photorealistic and stylized.
The Sr Character artists play an important role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they will create the cast of characters that populate the game universe.
For this role you will report to Characters Leads and Project managers.
Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content.
We create amazing character models based on concepts, scan data or photo references.
The Senior Character Artist is a central role to work with both internal and Respawn teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences that we create for Apex Legends.
Who You Are:
• You have at least 7 years of industry character creation production
• You are experienced with participating in visual target and asset pipeline development, in collaboration with Project Managers, Leads & Art Directors
• You have experience with External Development partners (setup, communication, feedback)
• You are an expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling '/ sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly and surface'/detail baking
• You are an expert in modeling with Maya and ZBrush
• You are an expert in texturing with Substance Painter and Photoshop with an overall emphasis on realism (Substance Designer is a plus)
• You are knowledgeable of PBR workflows and how to replicate real-world
• You are experienced with working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity)
• You can visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material '/ concept art
• You know proportion and composition with a an eye for surface and colour
• You know how to create game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
• You know how to create clothing and how it should match the character style (Cloth'/hair simulation experience is a plus)
• You have experience delivering high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints
• You have devised new workflows, troubleshooted and innovated within a team to enhance character fidelity as a whole
• You understand full production cycles - from concept ideation through final modeling
• Photo-real character modeling and texturing – hair, clothing, anatomy, likeness, etc. showing UVlayout and all maps