Senior Rendering Engineer
What EA Sports does:
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading video games including FIFA soccer, Madden NFL football, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, UFC, and more.
What you'll do on our team:
As a Senior Analyst in the NHL Analytics Team reporting to an Analytics Manager, your main focus is delivering insights that inform decisions related to product strategy, forecasting, feature selection and in-game economies working with Producers and Brand Managers. We're looking for a curious person with a passion for diving into data to uncover insights and understand how our players are engaging. Your analysis will improve product acquisition, retention, and monetization. You'll not only be a data explorer and modeler, but also a storyteller that influences bold decisions for NHL's development team.
Examples of projects you may work on include feature assessments, campaign reviews, forecasting revenue, and implementing machine learning models to uncover new relationships.
• Evaluate experiments and find new opportunities to explore data to improve the player experience, improve the product, allow real-time promotional decisions, and drive player engagement.
• Lead analytics delivery for NHL in weekly meetings and communication to Executives.
• Establish segmentation groupings and build propensity models that predict churn, engagement, and other user behaviors.
• Work with partners to implement data collection and BI in an iterative way so that our knowledge continues to evolve.
• Maintain forecast models for Live game modes and other digital products, working with game producers, marketing, and finance.
• Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content and campaigns will affect the in-game economy, its performance, and our players.
• Receive questions from our partners, determine the best ways that our data can help answer them, and provide those insights through dashboards, reports, or presentations.
• Present analyses and findings to our partners in a clear and understandable way.
• A bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, or a related field at a minimum; a master's degree in one of these fields is a significant plus
• 5+ years of experience in analytics using data to help guide decisions
• Excellent SQL skills querying complex data sets
• Proficiency in analyzing large datasets in both a spreadsheet program and in a programmatic analysis tool (e.g. Python, R)
• Experience in practical applications of statistical modeling (e.g. multivariate regression, predictive modeling, clustering, machine learning)
• Experience delivering analyses and dashboards using data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, R Shiny)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.