Technical Project Manager - QA
Guildford, United Kingdom
We are EA Frostbite
We entertain millions of people across the globe by creating the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Making great experiences is challenging, which is why our team is made of creative and passionate people.
Frostbite is our game engine used by thousands of developers to create experiences such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. To allow our game makers to create fantastic experiences, they need high-quality tools which evolve over the years. This is where Frostbite Quality Assurance comes in.
We are looking for an Associate Quality Designer who will take ownership of a domain's test strategy and execution. As an Associate Quality Designer, you will oversee the quality process and become adept in testing the engine, alongside associated in-house or 3rd party tools.
You will work embedded in development teams, supporting them on daily activities. You will design and implement testing strategies, with special focus on prevention rather than reaction. You will work close to Software engineers and you will report to the Development Director.
• You will participate QA initiatives with distributed teams across multiple locations
• You will partner with EA Studio game teams to set, measure, and achieve quality targets
• You will have a holistic view of the project, from how the product is designed to release, to how it is integrated and supported
• You will work with dev team partners to identify and improve workflow, process, automation improvement opportunities
• You will take ownership of project- and team-wide programs and improve their implementation
• Experience with test creation and execution
• Experience working with defect tracking, test management and bug prevention strategies
• Understanding of software development processes, continuous integration, build systems and related tools (Perforce, Visual Studio)
• Familiarity with common automation approaches including testing frameworks, unit tests, and automated functional tests
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qoqy-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.