Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The Tools Software Engineer will develop proper functioning tools to increase the potential of the engine and help improve the efficiency of the production team.
What a Frostbite Software Engineer does at EA:
• Collaboratively working to achieve high-quality cross-platform products.
• Set and uphold the standard for engineering processes to support high-quality engineering, including style and code checking, test harnesses, and release packaging.
• Improve software development workflows for engineering and operational efficiency.
• Analyse existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project.
• Play your part to establish and grow the engineering culture of teams within Frostbite.
• Work with product and project leaders and your team members to understand customer needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental way.
• Ensure our designs are simple with excellent workflows and features.
• Work on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate the ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
• To mentor less experienced engineers.
The next great Software Engineer needs:
• Excellent commercial experience with Python or C#.
• 3+ years of experience with tooling and frameworks that support engineering workflows.
• Passion for good workflows and well-architected software.
• REST experience is a major plus!
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
What's in it for you?
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is important to our long-term success. We provide 6 weeks of flexible vacation and are openly against working overtime.
At Frostbite we take care of our team members. We provide our employees with occupational pension and we have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees a variety of sports activities, generous health care allowance, massage, and a bunch of free games every year.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite's Stockholm office.
As part of the application process, we will ask you to perform a practical work test.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.