Web Optimization Specialist, EA Worldwide Customer Experience
EA has thousands of creators worldwide so every tool you write, every optimization you apply, and every problem you solve has wide, positive impacts. You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, work with teams to create solutions to numerous workflow issues, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not consider.
Being a Software Engineer for EA is more than just coding – it's about supporting and growing with your peers. As an essential and unique part of the team, you will create and deploy tooling where yesterday's best practices are not necessarily tomorrow's solutions. You will debug problems, breathe new life into technical dead-ends, and work with the rest of the team team to ensure our features run smoothly and work effectively.
You will report to and work with a central team within EA that focuses on providing tooling for our many game teams. These tools include code line stability testing tools, tools that work with systems for large-scale play tests, tool and code distribution, and tooling to discover undetected defects. These are used by thousands of developers and creators daily, so quality is extremely important for our continued success.
Our small agile team has developers in Vancouver, Austin, Montreal and Galway, and we work with game teams across many more locations.
• Build tools and automation to empower content creators and developers.
• Foster working relationships with our internal partners and team members.
• Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met.
• Interpret requests from your team, accounting for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
• Create technical documentation to ensure that tooling can be used and maintained by multiple teams worldwide.
• Write solutions that can be used across multiple teams with specific workflows.
• Support multiple systems and in-house tools written for many different purposes.
• Manage tasks with competing demands.
• 3+ years of applied coding experience.
• Proficient in C# and WPF.
• Proficient in C++.
• Experience managing project requirements, and setting the standard for creating outstanding tools.
• Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools. (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio)
• Experience testing highly configurable tooling.
Nice to have:
• Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
• Experience with test driven development practices.
• Experience with SQL, Python, ASP.NET.
• Experience within the gaming industry.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.