Tools programmers are an essential part of our cutting-edge SMS programming team, facilitating great code across all our titles with expert levels of technical creativity.
At Slightly Mad Studios we are proud to deliver amazing games and this is your chance to become one of our prized Tools Programmers, all from the comfort and flexibility of working from your own home and yet surrounded by some of the most talented and technically proficient developers in the games industry today.
You'll get to work with department leads and programmers to help with tools design and programming, including debugging and maintenance of existing tools. This is a role for those who really want to contribute to the whole team providing excellent solutions that allow us to make great games.
Substantial industry experience is essential and you'll bring top-notch knowledge of game content creation pipelines and tools. We'd also like to see a genuine passion in tools development, but we're sure you'll bring that in spades!
To join the team you will need:
• Strong knowledge of C# and .NET framework
• Experience with Windows desktop applications, preferably using WPF
• C++ programming skills
• 3D games development experience
• Excellent communication, time-management & organisational skills
• Self motivation
• Ability to work from home in a primarily online work environment. We're built from the ground up to support distributed development, and it's part of our DNA.
• Flexibility: be able to quickly fit in with a company with a mature and well-defined culture
Experience in the following would also be an advantage:
• Automated build systems
• World Authoring Tools
• Unit testing, automated testing, TDD
• MVVM frameworks (PRISM, MVVMLight, Caliburn.Micro etc.)
• DI frameworks (Unity, Ninject, Castle Windsor etc.)
With over ten years of pedigree in creating AAA-games, we're a 175+ strong group of professionals working from worldwide via our unique and award-winning distributed development system that allows us to transcend geographical barriers and attract the best talent from around the globe.
We seek to find a way for you to join us in creating our inimitable games, and work on our cross-sector partnerships.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11b9v-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.