Software Engineer - Testing and Infrastructure - TFT (18 months)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
Reporting to Engineering Manager, you will help us create and improve the tools and testing infrastructure that developers use to build the amazing worlds you see in Frostbite games. We collaborate on a daily basis to make sure our worldwide developers have stable, performant and powerful workflows.
• You will develop and maintain the Frostbite Rendering team's runtime performance testing systems
• You will improve the usability and stability of the Frostbite Rendering team's engineering tools and development workflows
• You will collaborate with other engineers and QA to identify problems and implement solutions.
• You will triage and diagnose rendering performance issues for a variety of game teams.
• You will collaborate with other test engineers and QA to develop roadmaps, the latest tools, and runtime technologies for game developers across EA worldwide related to Frostbite features.
• You will help improve documentation, and processes and help build the team culture.
• BSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related academic program, or equivalent training and professional experience
• One or more years of experience with C# and Python development experience
• One or more years of experience developing software testing and submission systems
• Experience with Jenkins and other CI solutions
• Experience with Perforce, gitlab or other source control systems
• Experience with game engine development workflows
• Experience in C++, HTML/CSS
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $63,350 - $108,550 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g44pk1-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.