Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
You will be a part of our team developing core applications, services and frameworks for the Frostbite game authoring tool chain. Our software is a fundamental part of our content creators daily work, providing tools for asset creation and tuning using our development tools and infrastructure.
This team belongs to the Production Systems product domain that creates tools, frameworks and services that EA's content creators rely on to create and enhance EA's games. You'll find opportunities to improve content creator workflows allowing faster iteration times and creativity for our engineers content creators
• Together with the team, you will develop our fundamental services
• Work with engineers on teams in Stockholm and our other development sites
• Work with game teams around the world to understand their specific needs
• 5+ years of experience with C++ programming skills, data-guided design, and software architecture skills
• Comfortable working within an established codebase
• Motivated to achieve and have a collaborative attitude
• Experienced in building high-performing concurrent software
• Excel in a learning culture
• Experience of data processing and data management
• Experience implementing databases or file systems
• Some experience with recent web technologies and HTTP
• Experience with agile development practices
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
What's in it for you?
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is important to our long-term success. We provide 6 weeks of flexible vacation and are openly against working overtime.
At Frostbite we take care of our team members. We provide our employees with occupational pension and we have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees a variety of sports activities, generous health care allowance, massage, and a bunch of free games every year.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite's Stockholm office.
As part of the application process, we will ask you to perform a practical work test.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.