IT Project Manager
Guildford, United Kingdom
At Slightly Mad Studios we are proud to deliver industry leading high-fidelity graphics and deep simulation technology to our games. With the arrival of the next generation of consoles and the constantly evolving cutting-edge PC tech, we are always looking to push the envelope with our games and physics simulation is no exception.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join us, focusing on physics simulation.
This is your chance to become part of the racing programming elite, all from the comfort and flexibility of working from your own home, whilst being surrounded by some of the most talented and technically proficient developers in the games industry today.
To join this progressive and fun programming team you'll need strong C++ skills and a proven track-record of industry experience is essential.
Here's what you'll get to do:
• Assist in the development and maintenance of vehicle dynamics and physics simulation framework
• Work closely with the game design team, department leads and other programmers to implement physics features
• Contribute to technical design documents and knowledge base with a high degree of autonomy
• Able to help with other game system coding when required
To join the team you will need:
• Strong C++ and software development skills
• Experience with advanced physics is and vehicle dynamics techniques would be great to have
• Familiarity with existing physics packages including hands-on experience with PhysX or Havok (Bullet is a plus)
• Strong mathematical skills
• Experience with advanced optimisation approaches
• Solid games industry experience
• Excellent communication, time-management & organisational skills
• Self-motivation in bucket-loads
With over ten years of pedigree in creating AAA-games, we're a 175+ strong group of professionals working worldwide via our distributed development system that allows us to transcend geographical barriers and attract the best talent from around the globe.
We can offer you an exceptional benefits package including a competitive salary, an annual bonus, enhanced pension plan, private health care and dental plans for you and your family, 10 free games per year and much more!
We look forward to hearing from you and how you can make us even better.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28yx5-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.