Software Engineer (Temporary) - Music
Who We Are:
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Tools & Technology enables creativity by building and supporting tools, pipelines and scalable runtime environments that help content creators take their assets from offline data to rich, runtime game experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for people to help us create a state-of-the-art music authoring and runtime system for use in many, if not all of our upcoming EA titles. This cohesive system will enable our artists to make a compelling, interactive music experience that will drive and complement our games with emotion and flow. With locations and staff across the globe in many different teams and titles our challenge is to create a system that fulfills all their requirements. Taking these requirements and translating them into solid features for implementation will define our music roadmap for our studios for years to come.
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will identify global problems, propose solutions, write software and build technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient in music creation pipelines and workflows, with an eye towards common, scalable solutions that work across all groups and titles. The EA Create Tools and Technology team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of audio creation including music, voice over, sounds effects, and engine behaviors to bring immersive audio experiences to our end users.
• Partner with the music director and audio team to gather requirements for developing and delivering user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content
• Partner with engine developers and content stakeholders to analyze current systems and help develop a roadmap improve the workflows, pipelines, and new runtime features for the next generation of music tools and workflows
• Investigate problems within identified spaces, risks and considerations across multiple domains and toolsets, in partnership with Product Owners and customers (i.e. artists and engineers)
• Use leading-edge and pioneering concepts and methodologies to improve EA's technologies
• Report to your people manager within our Development Director team, with a dotted line into our technical directors for any concern, risks, and successes of the projects you are on
• Working knowledge in C# development
• Expertise of C++ used in medium to large-scale and high-performant projects, with experience in multi-threading and systems programming
• 3+ years' experience in audio tool development, that may include SFX'/music creation tools, audio plugins, audio content pipelines, audio importers'/exporters or automated content'/data build systems
• Experience architecting and developing medium-scale design
• Promote code quality through unit-testing, code-review and automation
• Experience improving workflow to enhance team productivity
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and hands-on experience
• Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity
• Experience offering guidance to a creative audience
Nice to Have:
• Experience with music production, software development and'/or AI
• Experience working in game development
• Experience with large-scale build systems and concept
• Experience with web development
• Experience in UI frameworks such as WPF
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.