Software Engineer - Integration C++(Frostbite)
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and cutting-edge tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honoured to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this software engineer role offers a recognized expert the opportunity to work with game teams to integrate new releases of the Frostbite engine. You will be part of a diverse, distributed Frostbite Partner Experience team and collaborate with internal game teams using Frostbite helping them to integrate new versions of the Frostbite engine, and optimize processes and workflows.
• You will resolve issues during the integration process and ensure seamless delivery to the game teams
• You will merge, develop and debug Frostbite or game code during the integration process
• You will update or refactor the game code to use new Frostbite APIs
• You will partner with game teams regarding new engine changes and improve the adoption strategy
• You will identify opportunities within the integration process and propose potential solutions to each game team.
• You will communicate the underlying causes of integration challenges
• In time, you will provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and improvements on how to use Frostbite features and advantages
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years of professional experience with C++ or C#
• Experience with version control concepts and good practices
• Hands-on code development and integration experience
• Experience working with and defining requirements
• Experience debugging large-scale systems
• Experience with efficient code and optimization
• Experience in game engine development, release or integration
• Experience in AAA development environment
• Proficiency in Korean language
• Experience working with Perforce and code integrations
• Experience with current gaming platforms – PS5, PS4, XBSX, Xbox One, PC
'BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.'
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbz22k-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.