Software Engineer (Part-Time: 32 Hours Per Week)
Software Engineer (Regular Part-Time)
GameVault, EA's preservation specialists and game historians and Development and Release Engineering (DRE), EA's global automation specialists, are partnering to look for an engineer with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for gaming to take on the challenge of preserving our current games for future re-releases and remasters. This candidate will be working closely with everyone involved in game development including game, engine and content teams.
• Communicate with the game team, IT and partner teams to ensure requirements on preservation/archiving are accurate and up to date.
• Provide regular status reports, and fully document details on the title being archived/preserved.
• Set up a virtual machine with local Perforce server that contains game assets/source code for every changelist that was shipped or patched
• Set up build environment on the VM, replicate the build pipeline, debug and test that the builds produce runnable games for every changelist and SKU that were shipped/patched
• Verify generated binary and package integrity, ensuring the shipped builds have been accurately reproduced.
• Test basic game functionality (game booting, going into offline mode, etc.)
• Document the configuration and process
• Find ways to automate and/or improve the archiving/preservation process
• Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
• Design flexible solutions that work in multiple environments and require little to no maintenance. These solutions generally utilize existing tools rather than creating new ones
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Jenkins experience (or similar automation engine)
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems including network, OS or hardware
• Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
• Software development experience (Co-op Terms included)
• Excellent documentation skills
• Strong working knowledge of Windows OS (server & workstation)
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
• Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integrations
• Experience with Python (or other scripting languages), batch, and XML
• Experience writing and debugging in Java or C#
• Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
• Knowledge of existing CM tools and methodologies is advantageous
• Experience with large-scale, high-availability, high-throughput automation systems
• Experience working with gaming consoles
• Experience working with Linux, OSX/MacOS
• Experience with distributed build systems
• Experience in IP Preservation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkbkn-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.