The Role: Software Engineer (Systems Engineer)
The NHL team is looking for a Software Engineer (Systems Engineer) to play a key role in shipping a high-quality title.
We're looking for someone who can own and drive systems work – everything from technology upgrades to memory and performance optimization. Someone who can work through other engineers but isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and fix those intricate last minute bugs. Above all, we're looking for an engineer who knows what it takes to make a AAA title and is excited to use their talent and experience to build great games.
• Works with other domains and production to integrate and develop core technologies
• Manage and optimize memory, load time and performance
• Guide the title through final stages of development
• Drive systems work, from technology upgrades to memory and performance optimization; debugging
• Write and build internal tools
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 7+ years of software engineering experience in the video gaming industry, including experience in game systems
• Strong C++, architectural, and software engineering skills.
• Ability to learn, test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
• Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems covering multiple domains and technologies.
• Understanding of memory management, file systems, multi-core processing, and runtime optimization.
• Experience with assembler, scripting languages, and C#.
• Understanding and experience of job-based architectures and scheduling.
• Detailed knowledge of Xbox, PS4, and Switch consoles/platforms.
• Experience with profiling tools to monitor and diagnose issues.
• English is the required language of work
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at company's discretion
Salary offered: $115,000 to $140,000
Full time, permanent position
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.