Software Engineer III
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects span the digital touchpoints where players use the EA Network, including: EA's gaming service on PC through Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com's corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Software Engineer III, you will review design documentation, assessing technical feasibility and proposing implementation plans, which means partnering with Product Owners, Designers, DDs, QV and other engineers, all with an eye on implementing quality, performant, maintainable code. As part of the broader software engineering discipline you report to a Lead Software Engineer on the EAX team based in Vancouver, BC.
Joining EAX means you will shape EA's online presence; evolve subscription services that span three major platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA's games and promote more personalized, socially connected experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that 'we see farther,' and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a proven track record who:
• Delivers quality, commercial C++ based desktop application for Windows or Macintosh
• Is experienced in C++, Git, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence
• Is experienced in OO designs and SOLID principles
• Knows what you need to do, wants to do it well, and to help your team succeed
• Seeks clarity and confronts challenges
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 8+ years of commercial C++ development experience
• Familiar with Windows applications and cloud storage/distribution models
• An interest in gaming or digital platforms and digital distribution strategies a bonus
• Passion for self-improvement and mentoring
In a typical week, the Software Engineer may...
• Review feature requests for technical feasibility
• Write Proof of Concept code
• Write production code that's submitted to a CI/CD system
• Review and provide merge request feedback
• Participate in risk assessments and mitigation
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization to provide engineering support and feedback
• Game development teams for support, feature requests and distribution platform feature integration
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo8mo-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.